- 1An American lizard that somewhat resembles a toad, with spiny skin and large spines on the head, typically occurring in dry open country. Also called horned lizard.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Phrynosoma, family Iguanidae: several species
- Head on down to the Reptile Depot for desert iguanas from Nevada or horned toads from Texas.
- She ate the horned toad spitting blood into her eyes, the gila monster leaking venom through her veins, and the prickly pear shooting spears through her tongue.
- The invading ants typically wipe out many species of native insects and can cause food shortages for insect eaters, such as horned toads, and create crises for ant-dispersed plants.
Más definiciones de horned toadDefinición de horned toad en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.