Definición de hornpipe en inglés:
1A lively dance associated with sailors, typically performed by one person.
- There were no dances exclusively for the lower school either - no hornpipe or Scottish country dances.
- For example, the hornpipe must be danced between 112 and 116 [beats per minute].
- Competitors danced the Highland fling, the sword dance, the sean triubhais, the Highland reel, the sailors' hornpipe, the Irish Jig and other dances, preferably to the music of the bagpipe.
1.1A piece of music for a hornpipe: the final movement is a breezy and witty hornpipe
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He composed many reels and hornpipes so Paddy Mills music will always be alive.
- The 17-track album features jigs, reels, songs, waltzes, hornpipes, polkas, a two step, slow air, highland fling and recitation.
- In addition, there are stalwart slides, reels and hornpipes all played with enthusiasm and character.
Definición de hornpipe en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan