Extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible: she suffered horrendous injuries
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The victims have suffered a horrendous ordeal and quite appalling injuries in the case of Mr Francis.
- It's great for Roger because he's had a hard time since he suffered a horrendous injury last season.
- The poster showing the Jack Russell's horrendous injuries can be seen in the background.
mid 17th century: from Latin horrendus (gerundive of horrere '(of hair) stand on end') + -ous.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Replacing old aircraft parts is now horrendously expensive, and the price of buying new aeroplanes, well, almost impossible.
- Despite it being horrendously windy, it was still warm.
- The phone companies' arrays of mobile phone ‘plans’ are horrendously complicated and hard to compare.
Definición de horrendous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.