Definición de horrify en inglés:
verbo (horrifies, horrifying, horrified)[with object]
Fill with horror; shock greatly: they were horrified by the very idea (as adjective horrified) the horrified spectators (as adjective horrifying) a horrifying incident
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A television documentary showing graphic pictures of an abortion will shock and horrify viewers, according to an Old Town mother who went through a similar procedure.
- I have no doubt that it shocks, perhaps even horrifies our young audiences but we make no apology for that.
- I sit here in shock, horrified by the truth and thankful that I had driven home alone.
frighten, scare, terrify, petrify, alarm, panic, terrorize, scare stiff, scare/frighten to death, fill with fear, scare someone out of their wits, scare/frighten the living daylights out of, throw into a panic, make someone's hair stand on end, make someone's blood run cold
informal scare the pants off, make someone's hair curl
British informal throw into a blue funk, put the wind up
Irish informal scare the bejesus out of
North American informal spook
vulgar slang scare shitless, scare the shit out of
- Example sentences
- She stared at him in utter horrification, ‘You violated me!’
- She took one more step and to her most utter horrification, lost her footing against the back of something and promptly fell forward, shrieking as she collided with what felt like another body.
- Her look was one of pure disgust and horrification.
- Example sentences
- All four of us started and looked at each other horrifiedly.
- Still, it saddens and amuses me every time I am asked horrifiedly if I really have no interest in, or knowledge of, the machinations of today's governments.
- When he saw me looking horrifiedly at the wreckage he skulked off and buried himself in the deepest corner of his doghouse and pretended to vanish.
- [as submodifier]: horrifyingly flimsy boatsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Some people's lives have clearly gone terribly, horrifyingly wrong when it is possible for them to kill innocent little children.
- The images of abuse and brutality he records are horrifyingly familiar.
- The opening air-raid sequence is horrifyingly matter-of-fact in its brutality; there is no incidental music, no aestheticized or distanced depictions of death.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan