Definición de horsepower en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1An imperial unit of power equal to 550 foot-pounds per second (about 750 watts).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Torque multiplied by rpm divided by 5,252 equals horsepower.
- Another effect was that manufacturers were forced to produce vehicles with special gearbox ratios for the French market only as these could have had an effect on the theoretical horsepower, the unit on which the tax was based.
- Respectively, these motors now make 355 horsepower and 455 foot pounds of torque and 300 horsepower and 365 foot pounds of torque.
1.1The power of an engine measured in terms of horsepower: a strong 140-horsepower engine See also brake horsepower.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The six-liter, 325 - horsepower turbo diesel engine can muscle you up loose inclines and keep you in the passing lane.
- It was powered by two 220 - horsepower diesel engines driving Jacuzzi high-speed jet pumps.
- The RV is powered by a Caterpillar 350 - horsepower diesel engine and an Allison transmission.
Palabras que riman con horsepowerwillpower • firepower
Definición de horsepower en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda