Definición de horsewhip en inglés:
A long whip used for driving and controlling horses.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vicious black-eyed figures in long dark cloaks with white neck collars and black horsewhips marshal the procession.
- ‘Her father told me, ‘I'm sorry horsewhips are a thing of the past,’ ‘Charles recalls, still pained by the memory.’
- It's not a lack of editorial courage but, one is fairly certain, long experience with the architects with purple faces and metaphoric horsewhips.
verbo (horsewhips, horsewhipping, horsewhipped)[with object] Volver al principio
Beat (a person or animal) with a horsewhip: she would horsewhip them mercilessly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a joke that, were it up to me, would lead to him being instantly horsewhipped until he can bleed no more.
- He was horsewhipped for speaking out and, with a bruised and bleeding body, was eventually taken in by the police.
- All I suggest is that she be horsewhipped for putting a full stop wrongly outside a bracket.
Definición de horsewhip en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda