sustantivo (plural horti sicci /ˌhɔːtʌɪ ˈsɪkʌɪ, -tiː, -kiː/)
- An arranged collection of dried plants; a herbarium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each hortus siccus she sent was remarkable for the precision both of mounting and description.
- My business was to collect specimens as for a hortus siccus; not to cull flowers as for an anthology.
- Although still young, he has evinced powers of a nature very unusual in men whose lives, like his own, have been mainly devoted to the hortus siccus of classical erudition.
Latin, literally 'dry garden'.
Más definiciones de hortus siccusDefinición de hortus siccus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.