(North American hodgepodge)
- 1 [in singular] A confused mixture: a hotchpotch of uncoordinated servicesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By combining a hodgepodge of miscellaneous claims with no apparent context, the author has created a scary image of impending doom.
- After three years of political stalemate, the governing party and the opposition - a hodgepodge of small political parties, business leaders and student groups - are finally sitting down at the negotiating table.
- The locally based Cancer Research Society, one of a hodgepodge of Canadian anti-cancer groups, receives no government cash and raises $11-million a year to figure out how to beat the disease.
- 2A mutton stew with mixed vegetables.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To call the Scottish legislative programme a hotchpotch is an insult to stews.
- Lunenburg puddin’ and hodgepodge, the way we do it, you really can't find it anywhere else.
late Middle English: variant of hotchpot.