Making someone feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and pride: a humiliating defeat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Soon they were joined by many soldiers who judged the agreement humiliating.
- The Opium War, also called the Anglo-Chinese War, was the most humiliating defeat China ever suffered.
- He was trapped, there was no way the commitments could be reduced without humiliating admissions of defeat.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The fact is that executing people, unless you do it publicly, horribly and humiliatingly, has no deterrent effect.
- A notice to this effect was humiliatingly nailed to the door of one of Brighton's principal churches.
- He's been a drug addict and a vagrant, and was once humiliatingly pursued by police over an unpaid cafe bill.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hu¦mili|at¦ing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda