Definición de hump en inglés:
- If one were to travel past the countless monolithic factories and coal pits of the world's main continent, and onto where the equator was once, one would find a small hump of earth.
- Thanks to a dry course, the ball landed on the downhill side of a grass hump and rolled 30 yards straight onto the green and into the cup.
- The smooth humps of downland suited his purpose.
- A single-track hump can handle about 800 cars per shift.
- Lastly, to accommodate the increasing postwar coal business, 26 more tracks were added to the classification yard west of the hump in 1949.
- Six more tracks were also added to the classification yard, west of the hump.
- He provides a sketch of a creature with the head of an elephant, a fishlike body with a camel hump, four legs like a lion, and a forked tail like a fish.
- The wild Bactrian camel has longer legs, lighter fur, and smaller humps than domesticated camels have.
- These adverse events include acne, easy bruising, moon face, swollen ankles, hirsutism, buffalo hump, and skin striae.
verboVolver al principio
- Removals took one full day moving to and fro between the two houses with my two sons helping to hump the heavy stuff into and out of the van.
- And the vandal humping various bags of concrete and heavy tools around in the middle of the night may also have been deterred by the sight of a uniform or two.
- I saw one group of traders run off like a startled herd, humping their bags of bags, while three police, like a pack of hunting dogs, scragged the least nimble.
- 1get (or have or give someone) the hump
- British informal Become, be, or make someone annoyed or moody: fans get the hump when they loseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Everything was fine as long as you never got the hump.
- To be honest, there was a time when I really got the hump with Spain.
- Dozens of recently installed speed bumps in a Yorkshire suburb have been ripped out and replaced after council officials got the hump over their height.
- 2over the hump
- Past the most difficult part of something: now we have reached this point we are over the humpMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But when I'm over the hump, rest assured I will get back to you, even if you've totally forgotten that you emailed me.
- If we all kick in a few bucks we can help them get over the hump.
- Local retailers will be looking to residents to help them over the hump so that everyone can be part of the bright new future this regeneration will bring.
- 1humpless adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our work has shown that the cattle of Europe, northern Asia, and Africa all have closely related DNA sequences and that they all belong to a group that corresponds most closely to the humpless cattle known as Bos taurus.
- A pencil drawing from 1982 presents four hunchbacks and freaks aboard a humpless camel standing on a platform mounted on a wheelcart.
- Among these large animals was the prehistoric forerunner of all domestic humpless cattle: the aurochs.
If something annoying makes you get the hump the word is being used in something like its original sense. Hump arrived in English in the mid 17th century and is probably related to German humpe ‘hump’, and to Dutch homp ‘lump, hunk of bread’. Its earliest use was to mean ‘a complaint’, especially in the rhyming phrase humps and grumps, the ancestor of get the hump. With reference to a personal deformity it dates from the early 18th century.
Palabras que riman con humpbump, chump, clump, crump, dump, flump, frump, gazump, grump, jump, lump, outjump, plump, pump, rump, scrump, slump, stump, sump, thump, trump, tump, ump, whump
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.