Definición de hundred en inglés:
cardinal número (plural hundreds or (with numeral or quantifying word) hundred)(a/one hundred)
- I'm fortunate in that I only get ten to twenty per day, but I know people who receive ninety to a hundred, which is a real pain.
- By the way, ninety to a hundred years ago, this was the first stop for a variety of immigrants.
- On the day a hundred consumers accessed the server and downloaded the product, a hundred units had been distributed.
- Eric estimates his audience to number in the low hundreds.
- Current playable songs number only in the hundreds.
- The coalition says the gunmen number in the hundreds.
- A brass band played salsa tunes as hundreds of protesters of myriad nationalities danced, sang and chanted in colourful, unthreatening resistance.
- If the figures are multiplied nationally hundreds of potentially serious errors are taking place annually.
- Cost is an important factor for patients on multiple medications often costing hundreds of dollars per month.
- So, for a wolverine, living to ninety or a hundred or more would not be a big deal.
- Yet, ever since became a Test opener, he has scored a hundred in every series except in New Zealand, a feat not achieved by any of his illustrious colleagues.
- Personally, I would like nothing more than scoring a hundred at Lord's.
- As soon as he completed his run, he lifted his bat and waved it at the crowds, the way a batsman does when he scores a 50 or a hundred.
sustantivoBritish historical Volver al principio
late Old English, from hund 'hundred' (from an Indo-European root shared with Latin centum and Greek hekaton) + a second element meaning 'number'; of Germanic origin and related to Dutch honderd and German hundert. The noun sense 'subdivision of a county' is of uncertain origin: it may originally have been equivalent to a hundred hides of land (see hide3).
hundredfold adjetivo& adverbio
- Example sentences
- As compared to 18 months ago when I first arrived, the traffic has increased a hundredfold.
- ‘Since I started off in management, the pressure on managers has magnified a hundredfold,’ he laments.
- The first thing I noticed upon entering the room, of course, was that the smell of decaying flowers had increased almost a hundredfold even from last night.
hundredth ordinal número
- Example sentences
- The surgeons used high-powered optical devices to stitch together four blood vessels - two arteries and two veins - that each were just a few hundredths of a millimetre wide.
- Like 100-meter sprinters, the top finishers in Olympic and world slalom races are separated by only hundredths of a second.
- It may not seem like much, but everyone should know by now that the difference between winners and losers is often measured by hundredths of a second.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.