Definición de hunger march en inglés:
A march undertaken by a group of people in protest against unemployment or poverty, especially any of those by unemployed workers in Britain during the 1920s and 1930s.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They weren't going to lead a hunger march on City Hall demanding more relief.
- The 1920s saw mass unemployment and hunger marches.
- During the 1920s and 1930s the National Unemployed Workers' Movement organised six hunger marches to London.
hunger marcher sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Jarrow Crusade idea was a PR disaster - it was grotesque to compare the well-fed truckers of today to 1930s hunger marchers.
- This form of protest is a crude modern echo of the Jarrow Crusade when, in the autumn of 1936, some 300 hunger marchers walked to London.
- As a child in Galloway she shook hands with one of the survivors of the Charge of the Light Brigade, and as a young doctor tended the feet of the Jarrow hunger marchers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India