- 1A dog of a breed developed for hunting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from his family she added that he was passionate about his 15 Saluki hunting dogs, which he bred and are now being cared for by several friends.
- His article describes some of his investigations into the origins of the Saluki, a hunting dog related to the Afghan Hound.
- Rick's wanted to get a Rottweiler or some other hunting dog for a long time, but our landlord doesn't allow dogs.
- 2 (also Cape hunting dog) An African wild dog that has a dark coat with pale markings and a white-tipped tail, living and hunting in packs.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lycaon pictus, family Canidae
- In African wild dogs, some individuals will chase the prey, and may even change leaders during the chase.
- The maligned African wild dog, which kills by disemboweling, has been driven close to extinction.
- The African wild dog's instinct to roam widely is bringing it into lethal contact with humans.
Más definiciones de hunting dogDefinición de hunting dog en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.