- I trace a finger on his lips, hushing him soothingly.
- Right as I opened my mouth to deny this, she put a finger to my lips, hushing me.
- I slowly pulled away, then start to apologize but she placed her finger on my lips to hush me.
- Yea yea… now hush up, I get to blow up a few things and we're still alive, this must be my day.
- But while leading figures in other sports often speak out on matters that affect their livelihoods, footballers hush up or are airbrushed into meaningless platitudes.
- She's probably trying to get her dear dad to hush up.
- He was killed by terrorists and the case was hushed up.
- It was political in nature and yet it was hushed up.
- I knew they were introducing new charging structures, but they should be promoting these discounted schemes to the people they were designed for, not hushing them up on the bosses' orders.
- There was a hush of silence as the maddening enchantments ceased, faces all around waiting for the next sign of what should happen, what confirmation to the miracle would be shown to them.
- The man waved his hand, ordering for silence and an immediate hush covered the room.
- As a hush descended he looked visibly shaken.
Mid 16th century: back-formation from obsolete husht 'silent' (taken to be a past participle), from an interjection husht 'quiet!'.
Palabras que riman con hushablush, blush, brush, crush, flush, gush, hush-hush, lush, mush, plush, rush, shush, slush, thrush, tush
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hush
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.