Definición de hyaline en inglés:
adjetivoAnatomy & Zoology
1(Chiefly of cartilage) glassy and translucent in appearance.
- The lungs showed significant congestion, edema, and patchy, hyaline membranes in all lobes.
- In fact, these specimens are rather well preserved and their hyaline appearance in transmitted light is similar to other species of the genus.
- In sections, the organisms had a hyaline appearance.
1.1Relating to or consisting of hyalin.
- Numerous glomerular wireloop lesions and hyaline capillary loop thrombi were seen.
- Some lesions may exhibit hyaline fibrosis of blood vessel walls.
- Some cells have intracytoplasmic lumina with hyaline globules, and there may be hemosiderin deposition.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1 (the hyaline) literary A smooth sea or a clear sky: through the clear hyaline the ship came sailing
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heading straight into the sun the bow of the ship raises its fist for another attack on a relentless swell and angry salt spray spews into the air only to fall back into the collective pit of unchallenged hyaline.
2 another term for hyalin.
- Alcoholic hyaline is thought to result from damage to the cytoskeleton of the hepatocyte, and is formed by an aggregation of damaged intermediate filaments.
- Fat droplets, cholestasis, or alcoholic hyaline may on occasion appear within cells of the adenoma.
- The number of ballooned hepatocytes, the number of cells with alcoholic hyaline, the amount of satellitosis all tend to be less striking.
Definición de hyaline en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan