- A condition in newborn babies in which the lungs are deficient in surfactant, which prevents their proper expansion and causes the formation of hyaline material in the lung spaces. Also called respiratory distress syndrome.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neonatal pneumonia can closely mimic hyaline membrane disease clinically, and is the most frequent cause of septicemia in neonate.
- Adequate prenatal care and early intervention in this case may have avoided not only the fetal morbidity and mortality secondary to congenital syphilis, but the prematurity and hyaline membrane disease as well.
- The patient had a history of hyaline membrane disease that was treated initially with three doses of Survanta artificial surfactant and steroids.
Más definiciones de hyaline membrane diseaseDefinición de hyaline membrane disease en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.