- 1A cyst containing watery fluid, in particular one formed by and containing a tapeworm larva: [as modifier]: a hydatid cystMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most hydatid cysts develop in the liver, and most of them are asymptomatic at the time of diagnosis.
- However, a developing hydatid cyst up to 5 cm in diameter may not show scolices as they appear about 1 year after infestation.
- Definitive diagnosis is made by identifying the hydatid cyst that is usually first detected by radiologic studies.
late 17th century: from modern Latin hydatis, from Greek hudatis, hudatid- 'watery vesicle', from hudōr, hudat- 'water'.
Más definiciones de hydatidDefinición de hydatid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.