Definición de hydrophobia en inglés:
1Extreme or irrational fear of water, especially as a symptom of rabies in humans.
- There's a stage of rabies where people develop hydrophobia, a bizarre and irrational fear of water.
- It is specific for asthma and oppressed breathing, hiccup, whooping cough, spasmodic croup, tetanus, hydrophobia, hysteria paroxysms and hysterical convulsions.
- Salivation and thirst are great but the victim cannot swallow water because of throat muscle spasm hence the misnomer hydrophobia.
1.1Rabies, especially in humans.
- Ain't that some incurable disease like hydrophobia?
- Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
- To protect a healthy person forever from smallpox, hydrophobia, diptheria and so on, the doctor gives him those very diseases.
Definición de hydrophobia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary