Definición de hydrozoan en inglés:
A coelenterate of the class Hydrozoa, such as a hydra or Portuguese man-of-war.
- The difference between most hydrozoans and most scyphozoans is that in hydrozoans, the polyp stage usually predominates, with the medusa small or sometimes absent.
- There are three subgroups within the cnidarians that have medusae, cubozoans, hydrozoans, and scyphozoans.
- Scyphozoan medusae differ from those of hydrozoans in lacking a velum.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting hydrozoans.
- Getting hooked up with an animal like Donax seemed a very clever trick of hydrozoan evolution.
- Many hydrozoan species perform large vertical diel migrations, which may bring individuals together in spawning aggregations.
- The pinnacle of hydrozoan colonial complexity can be found in members of the Family Siphonophora.
Definición de hydrozoan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary