sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Excessive physical sensitivity, especially of the skin.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Areas of hyperesthesia should be noted and a search made for herniae.
- Pain and hyperesthesia induce reflex muscle spasms, which leads to voluntary guarding.
- A few hours later the familiar scalp hyperaesthesia started.
mid 19th century: from hyper- 'above normal' + Greek aisthēsis 'sensation'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Placement of the venous catheter may be difficult in a hyperesthetic and edematous limb.
- The hyperesthetic nerve manifests itself first by pain, secondly by a reflex act on a motor apparatus.
- Because the area was hyperesthetic and because he feared damaging his brain he was afraid to wash or even touch this skin.
Definición de hyperaesthesia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.