Definición de hyperbolic en inglés:
1Relating to a hyperbola.
- In other words, in the hyperbolic disc the rectangles needed for the argument simply do not exist.
- I mean I liked it as much as I like finding the centres, vertices, foci, and asymptotes of various hyperbolic graphs.
- Whereas hyperbolic activity and elliptic motion characterizes the cab, a big rig manifests an elliptic activity and hyperbolic motion.
1.1 Mathematics Denoting trigonometrical functions defined with reference to a hyperbola rather than a circle.
- In fact, it corresponds to the graph of a function called the hyperbolic cosine.
- See this issue's mystery mix for a comparison of Euclidean, hyperbolic, and spherical geometry.
- He studied time dependent hyperbolic partial differential equations and also began to work on the Cauchy problem.
2(Of language) deliberately exaggerated.
- Amazingly enough, the tone of the article is a throwback to the hyperbolic language of the boom.
- Avoid hyperbolic language and narration that pump air into stories that have no real substance.
- They should answer hyperbolic attacks with exaggerated speech of their own, if that's what it takes to stave off political annihilation.
Definición de hyperbolic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan