sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine & Biology
- The enlargement of an organ or tissue caused by an increase in the reproduction rate of its cells, often as an initial stage in the development of cancer: hyperplasia of the endocrine cells [count noun]: the hyperplasias regressed in five patientsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, increased goblet cell hyperplasia of the small airways was prominent in this model.
- Smooth enlargement suggests benign hyperplasia; roughness and irregularity suggest the possibility of cancer.
- Such factors might include the presence of benign prostatic hyperplasia or prostate cancer.
mid 19th century: from hyper- 'beyond' + Greek plasis 'formation'.
Más definiciones de hyperplasiaDefinición de hyperplasia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.