Definición de hypersensitive en inglés:
1Having extreme physical sensitivity to particular substances or conditions.
- The necessity of avoiding irritating substances can force hypersensitive subjects to make numerous lifestyle changes.
- The skin is extremely painful and hypersensitive, even to air movement.
- This is a type of hypersensitive reaction triggered by exposure to an antigen (a substance which the body recognises as alien).
2Easily hurt, worried, or offended: proximity to death makes people hypersensitive and aware
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The key to training these children is in understanding that they are hypersensitive and easily hurt.
- I didn't mean to annoy anyone, but it occurs to me that, since I don't have advertising on this site, it doesn't really matter how many hypersensitive Americans I offend.
- First, be aware that teenagers are hypersensitive about their changing body shapes and weight - so the less you focus on this, the better.
- Example sentences
- In the case of systemic hypersensitiveness reactions it may be necessary to initiate emergency measures.
- In other words, immunity against infectious agents is not a state of insensitivity, but rather a state of hypersensitiveness to constituents.
- In adults the percentage of hypersensitiveness was 90 percent in the immunized.
Definición de hypersensitive en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan