1Breathe or cause to breathe at an abnormally rapid rate, so increasing the rate of loss of carbon dioxide: [no object]: she started to hyperventilate under stress [with object]: the patients were hyperventilated for two minutes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In times of extreme stress, people may shake uncontrollably, hyperventilate (breathe faster and deeper than normal) or even vomit.
- Subjects may hyperventilate for several minutes before diving to increase underwater time.
- These changes contribute to the high anion gap that hyperventilating patients may demonstrate, as observed initially in this patient.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And it would cause the hyperventilation to go away.
- Also required are mantras that can pace inhalations and exhalations, so as not to give the impression of hyperventilation.
- My wife, Erin, translated what I was trying to say through grunts, screams, and hyperventilation, into words.
Definición de hyperventilate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.