Behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case: we don’t go to church and we thought it would be hypocritical to have him christened it would be entirely hypocritical of me to say I regret it because I don’t
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To begrudge them the right to choose their own government via the ballot box is hypocritical in the extreme.
- The lack of transparency contributes to the cynicism and hypocritical views.
- So the Congress sometimes rakes up the issue of secularism, which is so hypocritical that it is funny.
sanctimonious, pious, pietistic, self-righteous, holier-than-thou, superior, insincere, specious, feigned, pretended, hollow, false;
deceitful, deceptive, dishonest, untruthful, lying, dissembling, duplicitous, two-faced, Janus-faced, double-dealing, untrustworthy
informal phoney, pretend
rare Pharisaic, Pharisaical, Tartuffian, canting
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Indeed, you engage in precisely this sort of rhetoric yourself while hypocritically decrying the heated rhetoric of the left.
- More hypocritically still, Missing pursued an abortive licensing agreement with a skateboard company to use his anarchist icon.
- The yellow press will harp on it, hypocritically.
Palabras que riman con hypocriticalanalytical, apolitical, critical, cryptanalytical, diacritical, eremitical, geopolitical, hypercritical, political, socio-political, subcritical
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hypo|crit¦ical
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda