Definición de hypoparathyroidism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
- Doniach postulated that Addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, myxoedema, pernicious anaemia, and hypoparathyroidism might have the same aetiology.
- However, this patient had no clinical evidence of either hyperparathyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.
- Past medical history was remarkable for congenital hypoparathyroidism and seizure disorder related to hypocalcemia.
- Example sentences
- Of perhaps greater consequence, the study concluded that the current method of treating hypoparathyroid patients fails to restore well-being and mood.
- This patient was hypoparathyroid and thus lacked the parathyroid hormone dependent renal production of 1,25-dihyroxyvitamin D.
- Although the four parathyroid glands are close to the thyroid gland, neither hypoparathyroid nor hyperparathyroid are thyroid disorders.
Definición de hypoparathyroidism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan