sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Doniach postulated that Addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, myxoedema, pernicious anaemia, and hypoparathyroidism might have the same aetiology.
- However, this patient had no clinical evidence of either hyperparathyroidism or hypoparathyroidism.
- Past medical history was remarkable for congenital hypoparathyroidism and seizure disorder related to hypocalcemia.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of perhaps greater consequence, the study concluded that the current method of treating hypoparathyroid patients fails to restore well-being and mood.
- This patient was hypoparathyroid and thus lacked the parathyroid hormone dependent renal production of 1,25-dihyroxyvitamin D.
- Although the four parathyroid glands are close to the thyroid gland, neither hypoparathyroid nor hyperparathyroid are thyroid disorders.
Más definiciones de hypoparathyroidismDefinición de hypoparathyroidism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.