sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature ageing in adults.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.
- He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.
- Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In contrast to achondroplastic dwarfs, hypopituitary dwarfs often suffer from underlying metabolic health problems.
- The agency's action makes Humatrope the first therapy available for U.S. adults who suffer from SDS, frequently associated with hypopituitary disease.
- Growth hormone sensitivity in GH deficient hypopituitary adults is dependent on gender, but independent of timing of onset.
Definición de hypopituitarism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda