Put (something) forward as a hypothesis: lack of cushioning in shoes has been hypothesized as a cause of running injuries [with clause]: he hypothesized that the black market would naturally die out [no object]: to be able to hypothesize is important
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle hypothesised that space was filled with invisible ether.
- Wolf hypothesizes a cause-and-effect relationship between women's liberation and society's ideal of beauty.
- Considering Rousseau, with whom he quarrelled, as utopian, he hypothesized an art which was morally neutral and elitist.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But the story is misleading: in fact linguists are far more likely to be intrepid hypothesizers than critical snipers.
- No wonder why traders like to give efficient market hypothesizers a bad time.
- Two things are needed for this: an enthusiastic hypothesiser and an interesting subject.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hy¦pothe|size
Definición de hypothesize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda