sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development in children and adults.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rule out other causes such as claudication, disk disease, hypothyroidism, and myositis.
- The commonest cause of hypothyroidism is an autoimmune inflammation of the thyroid gland (thyroiditis).
- Congenital hypothyroidism is a thyroid hormone deficiency that retards growth and brain development.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Subclinical hyperthyroid and hypothyroid disease are laboratory diagnoses.
- Except for the sister of the propositus who was diagnosed as hypothyroid, none other had any history of thyroid disease.
- Decompensation into myxedema coma occurs when the hypothyroid patient's homeostatic mechanisms are disrupted.
Definición de hypothyroidism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.