- 1Affected by or deriving from wildly uncontrolled emotion: Janet became hysterical and began screaming the band were mobbed by hysterical fansMás ejemplos en oraciones
overwrought, emotional, uncontrolled, uncontrollable, out of control, unrestrained, unrestrainable, frenzied, in a frenzy, frantic, wild, feverish; beside oneself, driven to distraction, in a panic, agitated, neurotic; mad, crazed, berserk, maniac, maniacal, manic, delirious, unhinged, deranged, out of one's mind, out of one's wits, raving• informal in a state
- And as he watched her in confusion, Shelley's chuckle turned into an uncontrollable, hysterical fit of laughter.
- Approach this end room and the first thing noticed will be the hysterical, uncontrollable laughter.
- The young woman had crying fits, which were interspersed with screams and bursts of hysterical laughter.
- 1.1 • informal Extremely funny: her attempts to teach them to dance were hystericalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- How did this role come to you, this very funny, hysterical gun moll role?
- For the show, a group of puppeteers steps in and performs these calls with some very funny looking puppets on hysterical sets.
- Extreme gore and hysterical pratfalls all combine in a truly memorable mix.
- 2Relating to or suffering from hysteria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I may be a cynical, hysterical, psychotic, twisted masochist.
- Such a figure is literally and etymologically hysterical, as it is excessively feminized; it is also psychoanalytically hysterical.
- Although Halle is not around to encounter Beloved, he too suffers trauma and exhibits hysterical symptoms.
- [as submodifier]: isn’t it hysterically funny?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But I mention it because the presenters seemed to think the very idea of blogging was hysterically funny.
- I have just had the most hysterically funny response to my last post, thank you bubblehead.
- She was crying hysterically and trying frantically to wipe the food off her face.