Definición de iambic en inglés:
Of or using iambuses: the epilogue is written in the finest iambic verse
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This probably refers to the anapaestic and iambic chants which accompanied armed dances and processions at certain Spartan festivals.
- The central theme of iambic poetry was traditionally invective, that is personal attack, mockery, and satire.
- In poetic terms I used to step out a good iambic metre, lively and heroic.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1Iambic verse as a genre.
- Common metrical patterns in both poetry and music are iambic, trochaic, dactylic, amphibrachic, anapaestic, spondaic, and tribrachic.
- These days my feet tend more to the caution of the spondaic than the remorseless, heroic march of the iambic.
- You can mix it all up, iambic, hexameter, off-rhymes, scats, raps and syncopated accents.
1.1 (iambics) Iambic verse.
- She will slip from dactyls to iambics, pentameter to trimeter, quatrains to sestets.
- ‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.
- There is often a meandering discursivity in the rhythm and content of Prynne's fractured iambics.
Definición de iambic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan