- A floating sheet of ice permanently attached to a land mass.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A floating ice shelf is like the crust of the earth floating on the earth's plastic mantle.
- In the 1990s a berg the size of Oxfordshire broke off the Antarctic ice shelf and was widely hailed as proof of global warming.
- However, this trend could be a result of the greater distance from the source of evaporation beyond the edge of an ice shelf to the accumulation site as the ice shelves grew slowly equatorward.
Más definiciones de ice shelfDefinición de ice shelf en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.