- A large floating mass of ice detached from a glacier or ice sheet and carried out to sea.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The environment in the Antarctic is magnificent with glaciers, icebergs and ice floes on a scale which is awe-inspiring.
- Sea ice is frozen salt water, and when natural forces break it into pieces, the larger ones are called not icebergs but ice floes.
- Water lapped at the edge of the ice-sheets, small icebergs floating off and melting in the warmer waters.
the tip of an (or the) iceberg
- The small perceptible part of a much larger situation or problem that remains hidden: detected fraud is only the tip of the icebergMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These are real women, real situations and sadly, only the tip of the iceberg.
- Yet they are the tip of an iceberg because most cases of child abuse remain unknown, with children suffering in silence.
- This is just the tip of the iceberg, with many missing but not reported.
late 18th century: from Dutch ijsberg, from ijs 'ice' + berg 'hill'.
Más definiciones de icebergDefinición de iceberg en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.