- 1A steep part of a glacier like a frozen waterfall.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The glaciers, the icefalls, the three summits - we can see none of it.
- For us a serac is a big block or pinnacle of ice sticking up in the middle of the feature of a glacier called an icefall.
- Check out that smooth sunrise turning all the pointy peaks and deadly icefalls a soft, deceiving pink.
- 2An avalanche or fall of loose pieces of ice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is usually attributed to objective dangers - unpredictable acts of God, such as avalanches, icefalls, rockfall, and horrid weather.
- Dozens of icefalls (ice avalanches) now occur per day all around us.
- Just as long as you don't forget that, in the end, it's not lightning or rapids, avalanches or equipment, rockslides or icefalls that are going to get you.
Más definiciones de icefallDefinición de icefall en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.