Definición de icing en inglés:
1A mixture of sugar with water, egg white, or butter, used as a coating for cakes or biscuits.
- The carton says: ‘Great for cakes, icings, biscuits, French toast, quiche, batters and coatings for baking or frying!’
- Powdery confectioners' sugar contains a small amount of starch, which is desirable in some products like icings and pastry creams but not desirable in brioche.
- Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.
2The formation of ice on an aircraft, ship, or other vehicle, or in an engine.
- Mixed ice is the most dangerous kind of airframe icing due to its weight and disruption to the airflow.
- Compared to the turbulence, the hail and the lightning, icing was the biggest threat of all.
- Signs of engine icing could include loss of power, abnormal or slow RPM response to throttle movement, and indications of engine surge or stall.
the icing (North American also frosting) on the cake
- An attractive but inessential addition or enhancement: more goals would have been the icing on the cakeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As just a little extra icing on the cake, they decided to change hosts during this process as well.
- Your Fortress response, Jody, was a helpful bit of frosting on the cake.
- The standard 1.8 litre motor is a little beauty and the addition of a turbo adds icing on the cake.