Definición de idiom en inglés:
- India has had a longer exposure to English than any other country which uses it as a second language, and its distinctive words, idioms, grammar, rhetoric and rhythms are numerous and pervasive.
- Consider the case of idioms which contain a word which has no uses outside the idiom itself.
- Brewer's aim was to help readers understand the context of the catchphrases, clichés, slogans and odd linguistic idioms by which the British make themselves understood.
- When the movie Wayne's World was released in Latin America, a lot of the film's American idiom and idiosyncratic language didn't translate well, if at all.
- We need to make that point-in a warm and affectionate way, and in their language and idiom.
- Fritsche's point is that Heidegger's idiom and use of language were part of a shared tradition of right-wing thought that emerged in the 1920s in Germany.
- She perfectly recreates the idioms and dialects of a certain sort of Manchester, and it was un-put-downable in a slightly addictive, confessional way.
- It is an uphill task capturing the true spirit of the original, not missing out on the nuances and finer points of the dialect and the local idiom, or for that matter, the tenor and authentic flavour of the literary work in question.
- There are southern and northern dialects, each having three regional idioms.
- In his abstract expressionist paintings, popular idioms found in his music clearly present themselves.
- An accomplished singer, she is well versed in singing various styles and idioms of music.
- As a result, music hall idioms and artistes were ubiquitous.
This goes back to Greek idiōma ‘private or peculiar phraseology’, from idiousthai ‘make one's own’ from Greek idios ‘own, private’. Idiosyncrasy (early 17th century) is from idios combined with sun ‘with’ and krasis ‘mixture’, and originally meant ‘physical constitution peculiar to an individual’.
Palabras que riman con idiomcryptosporidium, cymbidium, iridium, rubidium
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.