Definición de idiosyncratic en inglés:
Relating to idiosyncrasy; peculiar or individual: she emerged as one of the great, idiosyncratic talents of the nineties
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Always an idiosyncratic individualist, he seems to have introduced his own pronunciations for the names of players.
- It is idiosyncratic to the individual carer, staff member, or nursing home.
- It remains to be seen whether Irish television can prove a sympathetic home for more idiosyncratic talents than that.
distinctive, individual, characteristic, distinct, distinguishing, peculiar, individualistic, different, typical, special, specific, representative, unique, personal, private, essential;
eccentric, unconventional, uncommon, abnormal, irregular, aberrant, anomalous, odd, off-centre, quirky, queer, strange, weird, bizarre, outlandish, freakish, extraordinary
- Example sentences
- While there are several fine left-of-center sites, the blogosphere currently tilts right, albeit idiosyncratically, reflecting the hard-to-pigeonhole politics of some leading bloggers.
- All that we have to show for nearly six decades of post-colonial art is a single monumental conspectus: an indispensable, if idiosyncratically argued, overview of art in India from the 1890s to the 1990s.
- At a time when most bookstores have enough floor space to sell station wagons or livestock, Query Books is one of the pleasant anomalies - a smartly and idiosyncratically stocked shop with more character than square footage.