- Relating to idiosyncrasy; peculiar or individual: she emerged as one of the great, idiosyncratic talents of the ninetiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
distinctive, individual, characteristic, distinct, distinguishing, peculiar, individualistic, different, typical, special, specific, representative, unique, personal, private, essential; eccentric, unconventional, uncommon, abnormal, irregular, aberrant, anomalous, odd, off-centre, quirky, queer, strange, weird, bizarre, outlandish, freakish, extraordinary• rare singular
- Always an idiosyncratic individualist, he seems to have introduced his own pronunciations for the names of players.
- It is idiosyncratic to the individual carer, staff member, or nursing home.
- It remains to be seen whether Irish television can prove a sympathetic home for more idiosyncratic talents than that.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While there are several fine left-of-center sites, the blogosphere currently tilts right, albeit idiosyncratically, reflecting the hard-to-pigeonhole politics of some leading bloggers.
- All that we have to show for nearly six decades of post-colonial art is a single monumental conspectus: an indispensable, if idiosyncratically argued, overview of art in India from the 1890s to the 1990s.
- At a time when most bookstores have enough floor space to sell station wagons or livestock, Query Books is one of the pleasant anomalies - a smartly and idiosyncratically stocked shop with more character than square footage.
late 18th century: from idiosyncrasy, on the pattern of Greek sunkratikos 'mixed together'.