Definición de idolatry en inglés:
1The worship of idols.
- It is the difference between pagan idolatry and true worship of our Creator and Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Idols are worshipped by various religions, while idolatry is blasphemy to others.
- Worship in truth is the antidote to idolatry, while worship in spirit is the antidote to hypocrisy.
1.1Extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone: we must not allow our idolatry of art to obscure issues of political significance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Women, especially, but men too, are often tempted by a kind of self-immolating romance that is much closer to idolatry than to real love.
- Condemning the ‘modern idolatry of lust, greed, power and pride’, Dr Hope said a safe and secure world would only result if humans engaged in the challenge to look again at the way we live our lives.
- NME went so far as to imply that you'd better catch The Vines before frontman Craig Nicholls took his Kurt Cobain idolatry to its logical extreme.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan