Definición de idyll en inglés:
1An extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque period or situation, typically an idealized or unsustainable one: the rural idyll remains strongly evocative in most industrialized societies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It might be associations, such as memories of holidays, pastoral idylls, the peacefulness, the slower pace, or a whole imagined way of life.
- The ‘quality of life index’ suggests the happiest Scots live in the Highlands where the rural idyll of low crime, a strong sense of community and good health remains largely intact.
- Goth, however, was one style that did achieve some form of visibility - although you'll note that I say the late 1980s because, like most things, it took a few years to make its way out to our rural idyll.
1.1A short description in verse or prose of a picturesque scene or incident, especially in rustic life.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the first half of the novel is an idyll, the second half shifts to romance.
- Patchett takes her time getting there, but by the climax of her story, you find yourself hoping that the idyll will - somehow, magically - last.
- Clearly the poetry is more than music, idylls and dreams; I would argue that Hyde knows full well that language makes itself part of what it refers to.
Palabras que riman con idyllgerbil • wind chill • Churchill
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda