Definición de ignoble en inglés:
adjetivo (ignobler, ignoblest)
1Not honourable in character or purpose: ignoble feelings of intense jealousy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the elevated, even chivalric, tone in which it is being conducted scarcely even masks its onesided and ignoble purpose.
- The vicarious emotions that the accounts of the trial provoked range from the honourable, through the ignoble to the thoroughly perverse.
- For we recognize that the powers made possible by biomedical science can be used for non-therapeutic or ignoble purposes, serving ends that range from the frivolous and disquieting to the offensive and pernicious.
2Of humble origin or social status.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yerby's characterization of Fancy is, therefore, ironic, emphasizing the ignoble origins of most Southerners.
- Travellers from Marco Polo onwards had created a rich and often fanciful literature depicting the lives of noble and ignoble savages in varying states of nature.
- All right, Tarzan has no black characters, not even servants, neither noble nor ignoble savages.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I took the Salon piece as an attempt to honestly portray an ignoble (not evil, but ignoble) side of human nature, without praising it and even while acknowledging its ignobility.
- But viewed from another perspective, the Swedes have written a new chapter in ignobility, presenting the world's top literary honor to an author who considers his own work irrelevant.
- It is almost an axiom that no man may make a career in politics in the Republic without stooping to such ignobility: it is as necessary as a loud voice.
- 2ignobly adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Nonetheless, Jenkins underlines his subject's vulnerability well, interspersing nuggets from Lear and Prospero with tag lines from the fish-stick commercials Welles ignobly resorted to in his old age.
- April 1 marks their ignobly titled tin anniversary at the Rock, a 10-year innings that makes them one of the country's longest-running radio pairings.
- Or maybe I would fall in, ignobly, with the packs of Hollywood runaways I had seen profiled sensationally on television news magazines.
Palabras que riman con ignoblecoble, ennoble, Froebel, global, Grenoble, noble
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda