- A lizard of the iguana family (Iguanidae). Iguanids are found mainly in the New World but also occur in Madagascar and on some Pacific islands.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Variation in mating system structure is common in lizards, especially the herbivorous iguanids.
- We did not have a clear prediction for T levels after androgen receptor/aromatase blockage because the exact mechanisms of T feedback loops are not worked out in iguanids.
- We also show in a common-garden experiment that body size may have a genetic component in iguanids.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Iguanidae (plural), from the genus name Iguana (see iguana).
Más definiciones de iguanidDefinición de iguanid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.