- The report also raises concerns over the efforts to tackle illegal drug use in prison.
- If it cannot protect them from drugs then it should protect them from illegal drugs and gangsters.
- English law makes illegal a contract to indemnify a person in respect of liability for fraud.
sustantivoderogatory, chiefly North American
- Immigration officials say those illegals come from more than 100 countries.
- Have a telephone tip line to report illegals to Immigration.
- People who insist that all illegals be deported have an excellent point, and I think they're right.
Illegal and unlawful have slightly different meanings, although they are often used interchangeably. Something that is illegal is against the law, whereas an unlawful act merely contravenes the rules that apply in a particular context. Thus handball in soccer is unlawful, but it is not illegal. A third word with a similar meaning is illicit: this tends to encompass things that are forbidden or disapproved of by custom or society, as in an illicit love affair.
Early 17th century: from French illégal or medieval Latin illegalis, from Latin in- 'not' + legalis 'according to the law'.
Palabras que riman con illegalbeagle, eagle, legal, paralegal, regal, spread eagle, viceregal
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: il|legal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.