Definición de illiquid en inglés:
1(Of assets) not easily converted into cash: illiquid investments
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With illiquid assets, exit can destroy the bulk of the firm's invested capital.
- Property is an extremely illiquid asset due to the long time and costs involved in selling a property.
- Historically, property has had a low weighting because it is an illiquid asset.
1.1(Of a market) with few participants and a low volume of activity.
- This market is particularly illiquid so when the bank spotted the losses and decided to close it out, they had to cover the spread and that increased the losses.
- Industry sources claimed the problem lay in too few gas shippers, which had resulted in an illiquid market.
- Just under 5% of its equity is listed in Moscow, although the market is illiquid and few shares change hands.
- Example sentences
- But fund managers are overcoming their distaste for illiquidity in order to seek out value in the sector.
- Its traditional disadvantages of high entry costs leading to illiquidity have been exacerbated, making it more difficult, particularly for the smaller investor, to get a foot on the ladder.
- For his first big embroilment after the 1987 stock market crash, the enemies were discernible and all grouped together on one front - low stock prices, financial system illiquidity, and broken confidence.
Words that rhyme with illiquidliquid
Definición de illiquid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India