Definición de illusion en inglés:
- Hallucinations and illusions are disturbances of perception that are common in people suffering from schizophrenia.
- The intoxicated state is characterized by illusions, visual hallucinations and bodily distortions.
- They also experienced visual illusions such as real objects appearing to move or pulsate.
- Unfortunately, Britain and Europe are all too eager to pretend that such illusions are reality.
- The progress of the film is a progress through illusion and deception toward reality and truth.
- However, you will live in a metaphysical world, where reality and illusions will be so skewed that they will appear to be identical.
- Man and house are thus a perfect match, as all the characters trapped in their own illusions and false expectations of Sancher end up more hurt than healed.
- Our world will appear to crumble as we know it, as distractions, false voices, illusions and misconceptions will be taken away from us.
- Believing that our beliefs are illusions, however, is self-refuting.
The first sense recorded for illusion was ‘deception, attempt to fool’. It came via Old French from Latin illudere ‘to mock, ridicule, make sport of’, from in- ‘against’ and ludere ‘play’. The prime modern sense of ‘a false idea or belief’ dates from the late 18th century.
be under the illusion that
- Believe mistakenly that: the world is under the illusion that the original painting still hangs in the Winter PalaceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘No one should be under the illusion that because a plan exists in one form today that it will be that way forever,’ he said.
- The Popular Unity's supporters were under the illusion that once in power it would fulfil the promise of profound political and socio-economic change.
- Progressives have been under the illusion that if only people understood the facts, we'd be fine.
be under no illusion (or illusions)
- Be fully aware of the true state of affairs.Oraciones de ejemplo
- She says she has been greatly impressed with the efficiency of the Dundee operation but is under no illusions about the challenges facing a factory on the northern fringes of Europe.
- But I'm under no illusions, it could be taken away at any point, so I just grab it with both hands.
- The 35-year-old is under no illusions about his situation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The illusional architecture was then painted by Orazio's associate, Agostino Tassi, a master of perspective, who had been engaged to teach that art to Artemisia.
- Anyway, we know the extent of Pennyn's powers is at least illusional.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Liberties would be discarded to seek illusionary security; commerce would grind to a halt under the burden of regulation and continual emergency.
- Dreams pervade the play, giving it an illusionary quality and heightening the sense of dark hilarity that frequently has the audience hysterical with laughter.
- The momentary pain of a sting gives way to an illusionary floating feeling that lasts six to eight hours.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.