- Abstract paintings abandon images of the external world, speaking instead directly to people's internal thought processes.
- The ‘Groundview’ series of paintings uses different images to represent the ground as space.
- Like the sculpture, the images represent a very naive viewpoint in the art world.
- There's software included to take video clips or still images with your camera and send them via email.
- Increasing numbers of families have digital and video cameras to take images of their children.
- This complexity has lead to beautiful and amazing images obtained with modern telescopes.
- These eyes use a single lens to focus images onto a light detector called a retina.
- Refractive errors mean that the shape of the eye doesn't refract, or bend, light properly, so images appear blurred.
- The short effective focal length provides focused images at distances from lens contact to near infinity, even in air.
- Maybe one day it will be sufficient to think about the images involved in a mathematical idea or proof, and a computer will compute the underlying equations for us.
- In his doctoral dissertation of 1934 he considered permutation groups whose elements are determined by the images of three points.
- But to determine the center of a spiral similarity one only needs one segment and its image.
- For one thing, there will be two versions: the Internet download version, and the CD version (which we want to also be downloadable as a CD image).
- Here, the program re-created a 490MB hard drive image in the foreground while we converted ten WAV files into MP3s in the background.
- Next, an image of the drive can be created using tools such as Norton Ghost or Power Quest Drive Image.
- The brain requires practice at forming those mental images in order to absorb increasingly complex or abstract ideas in later life.
- More than any other, there is deconstructionism, according to which the images and ideas that constitute culture are deconstructed.
- His mental image is not a representation of a tree.
- They want to spoil the divine likeness of man made in the image of God.
- His is the pure logic of fiction, shaping a world in the image of the art that depicts it.
- In the 1980s the two institutions launched a crusade to remake the world in the image of the free market.
- Mystics throughout the ages have understood how the holy fire burns away the superficial images and idols we erect.
- While the church saw the importance of art as a method of instruction, it also faced a biblical injunction against images.
- I also don't know of any religion that has no idol or image of its God.
- The entry points to the open space will be well defined with landscape elements and will be treated in such a manner as to present an image of public space.
- I smiled a lot and presented an image to the public that all was fine.
- There have been attempts to present a more open image to the public.
- I listened for recurring images, words, metaphors, and contradictions in the narrative.
- In other words, for all the images and metaphors music often presents us with, an album cover is its tangible embodiment.
- Evidently, only the images and metaphors of fiction could do justice to the welter of searing impressions.
- We question the motivations of those who make the images, while the real people imaged in these photographs die unacknowledged.
- He might have pointed out, for example, that one reason why Yahweh is not to be imaged is that the only depiction of Him is provided by human beings.
- The female body imaged in the film is not abstract, generalised or idealised.
- E-mail and medical imaging applications represent good examples for the data aging profile described here.
- Internal textures were imaged using backscattered electrons and cathodoluminescence.
- The acoustic imaging sensors help detect mines and other potentially hazardous objects.
- A multicast image can configure multiple systems simultaneously; conversely, you also can image multiple servers or workstations.
- They can even image your computers at night, to avoid inevitable discussions by the water cooler.
- The advanced technology in leading-edge imaging products is not how they create a partition, but rather, how they image the disk.
- In fact, when I was in prison I taught a class on how to stop smoking and we had people imaging themselves smoke free, you know.
- Presumably this is the lexicographic inspiration for the Star Trek species the Ferengi, though the person who imaged the Ferengi language here was certainly not patterning it on French, ancient or modern.
- Many people image that the era of the Open Range in the American West was the era of the small rancher.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The notion of a single cybernetic organism is rejected in favor of a body-without-organs, ‘an imageless, organless body [which is] perpetually reinserted into the process of production’.
- Listening to radio via television is a curious experience as you stare blankly at an imageless blue screen while your ears do all the work.
- Somewhere in the centre is ‘the still point of the turning world’, to use Eliot's imageless image.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin imago; related to imitate.
The word image goes back to Latin imago ‘imitation, likeness, idea’, also behind imitation (Late Middle English). Imagine (Middle English) is closely related, coming from a combination of Latin imaginare ‘form an image of, represent’ and imaginari ‘picture to oneself ’.
Palabras que riman con imagescrimmage
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: image
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.