Definición de imago en inglés:
sustantivo (plural imagos or imagines /ɪˈmeɪdʒɪniːz/)
1 Entomology The final and fully developed adult stage of an insect, typically winged.
- After a third larval stage they pupate in the nest material and emerge as imagos after the fledglings have left the nest.
- He stands apart from the new flight of British composers, ‘who seem very sure of themselves, like an imago, a butterfly that enters the world fully formed.’
- The imago can become multiradiate at the time of metamorphosis, or it can be 5-rayed at metamorphosis and add the supernumerary rays during post larval growth stages.
2 Psychoanalysis An unconscious idealized mental image of someone, especially a parent, which influences a person’s behaviour.
- Lacan's elaboration of the Jungian concept of the imago seems instructive here.
- They constitute a single set of systematic transfigurations of the Yagwoia transpersonal, archetypal imagos of their Self and its energies.
- Back here, I briefly mentioned the idea of the imago.