- 1The action of immersing someone or something in a liquid: his back was still raw from immersion in the icy Atlantic seaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It means ‘to cook by immersion in hot liquid or steam’.
- Animals have been recovered from this state after immersion in liquid helium, absolute alcohol, brine, and ether.
- The procedure involves the propagation of detached roots on agar plates and the collection of root hairs by immersion in liquid nitrogen.
- 1.1Baptism by immersing a person bodily (but not necessarily completely) in water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A living Mormon stands in as proxy for a deceased person, as water baptism by immersion is vicariously performed.
- My first opportunity for believer's baptism in water by immersion came one month later.
- It did not require baptism by immersion as a prerequisite for church membership.
- 2Deep mental involvement in something: a week’s immersion in the culinary heritage of PugliaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Once on campus, some find that the compressed time frame and residential setting of many programs allow for deeper immersion in study and in prayer than is possible during weekend or night classes.
- A question arises for us at this juncture - can a different kind of work be done that involves immersion in an educational culture of digital technologies?
- Despite his deep immersion in politics up until this moment, he felt relieved to be an ordinary twenty-year-old for once.
- 2.1A method of teaching a foreign language by the exclusive use of that language: as a teacher she advocates learning by immersion [as modifier]: an immersion schoolMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But she notes that a cousin of hers was traumatized by the immersion method of language instruction.
- One of the most important resources of any language immersion program is its teachers.
- We were packing up our daughter Hannah to head off by plane to her second summer at a camp program focusing on foreign language immersion.
- 3 Astronomy The disappearance of a celestial body in the shadow of or behind another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such terminology may also be used for eclipses and occultations, along with their synonyms immersion and emersion.
- You may be able to watch Jupiter disappear - an event known as immersion - without optical aid, though binoculars help.
late 15th century: from late Latin immersio(n-), from immergere 'dip into' (see immerse).
Más definiciones de immersionDefinición de immersion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.