Definición de imminent en inglés:
1About to happen: they were in imminent danger of being swept away
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How could the mother have imagined the imminent danger that was closing in on her son?
- This alarm will sound if opened by a small child to alert parents of the imminent danger.
- Tiles have fallen from the roof of the small chapel and the entrance archway looks in danger of imminent collapse.
impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large;
informal on the cards
late Middle English: from Latin imminent- 'overhanging, impending', from the verb imminere, from in- 'upon, towards' + minere 'to project'.
- Example sentences
- And then, early afternoon, not fifteen minutes after I'd forecast the immediate imminence of rain, we had a fierce hailstorm, closely followed by torrential rain.
- The imminence or immediacy of the threat to the peace determines what action is reasonable.
- But he was feisty in the face of death, no longer in any doubt about its imminence.
- Example sentences
- It may seem appealing to protect speech but only if it doesn't imminently threaten likely psychological harm to the children, but such an approach will likely prove unhelpful.
- And that was supported by a Downing Street spokesman who added: ‘It is still a live option but don't expect a decision imminently.’
- Work on the football pitch is due to commence within a matter of weeks and the Committee are hopeful that they will have a positive response to a further Lottery funding application imminently.
Words that rhyme with imminentdiscriminant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan