Definición de immolate en inglés:
- When her father - who did not accept Shiva, ever - publicly humiliated her beloved at the ritual, Sati immolated herself in the sacrificial fire, desecrating it.
- In the old days, the priests used to immolate their sacrifices at the shrine of Huitzilopochti on top of the temple mayor of Tenochtitlan, but we're more civilised than that.
- Madri immolates herself on her husband's funeral pyre.
Mid 16th century (earlier ( late Middle English) as immolation): from Latin immolat- 'sprinkled with sacrificial meal', from the verb immolare, from in- 'upon' + mola 'meal'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the point of Christian martyrdom is not merely the immolation and glorification of individual bodies but the sustenance of a social body, the body of Christ.
- Both see morally mandated personal development as a form of self-destruction, an immolation of one's desires and impulses for the sake of something extrinsic to the self.
- Female infanticide was common, and the practice of sati, the immolation of the wife on her husband's funeral pyre, was encouraged, sometimes even forced.
Palabras que riman con immolatepercolate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.