Definición de impart en inglés:
- Good communication requires the ability both to listen and to impart relevant information.
- Her face sets like quick-drying cement and she imparts information strictly on a need-to-know basis.
- The ready reckoner also imparts information on basic car care, safe repairing and various types of accessories.
- As for wine, oak not only imparts some specific qualities as extractable substances, it also allows slow oxygenation of the spirit.
- Hats, of course, were a key element in defining a fisherperson's on-stream image, imparting a quality of costumed playacting to the sport of fly-fishing.
- Yet the very triumph of these principles imparted a rancorous quality to public life, as the wealthy pastoral and professional elite fought to hold on to their advantages.
part from (Old English):
This is from Latin pars, part- ‘part’, the same Latin source that gave us depart (Middle English); particle (Late Middle English); particular (Late Middle English) ‘small part’ with the sense ‘attentive to detail’ developing E17th; participate ‘take part in’ (early 16th century); partisan (mid 16th century) ‘one who takes the part of’; partition (Late Middle English) ‘something that divides into parts’; and party (Middle English). This last was originally used in the sense of a political party, and only developed the social gathering sense in the early 18th century. Latin a parte ‘at the side’ gives us apart (Late Middle English), and via French, apartment (mid 17th century), while Latin impartare ‘give a share of’ gives us impart (Late Middle English) and impartial (late 16th century).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm going down expecting to get some impartation that is going to set me on my course for the next couple of years.
- However, I often receive information in what feels like physical impartation: the revelation is ‘downloaded’ into my chest area.
- As far as actual resources for reading yourself, I'm afraid I can't recommend many: this is because most of my beliefs were shaped through being very questioning, impartation from the community, and learning through experience.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.